Monday, August 13, 2012

Stillness of the Morning

The morning has come and it is quiet. I walk through my home and observe. My heart lurches as I see the empty beds unmade. I pick up the blankets and take a deep breath and smell the faint scent of sleeping babies. This calms my senses and I allow the sensation to envelope me like the blanket I am holding.

I look around the room and see a pair of sandals, laying just as if they were just kicked off of the little brown feet that ran through the house for months. I journey outside to the back deck and look out over the back yard. I see swing set and automatically hear the joyful  squeals with requests to "push me higher". A smile comes to my lips. As my eyes move across the yard there are strewn toys of the sandbox and playhouse, but now there are tears of sadness forming and my heart is aching.

I sit with my emotions and allow them to be. It won't be long and my day will begin and the activities of the day will push back and not allow quiet of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment